SEN- Wioślarska 6 '3rd floor'

JUST an FYI before we start: This place is not to be mistaken for the other SEN which is also in Warsaw, but is decidedly a different place (a typical Vietnamese style restaurant).

SEN or "Dream" has a lot opinions about it. Friends have told me you either love or hate it depending on who you are and when you go. The 'business' is infact is 2:  a restaurant and night club after hours. Just to say: I have never been to the after hours nightclub so I can't really provide a review on that. Friends who went  had a negative experience with the nightclub have said that bouncers were rude and that even slightly drunk people were told to piss off. Proper dress is a must. What any of this means depends on who you are and how you look it seems. 

So ya, not my kind of scene, but I can see how it might be a cool place for a nightclub with it being overlooking the Wisla river. I booked a table in advance. We came with a friend for a drink and bit of nosh. The cuisine can best be described  as Asian with mostly Japanese choices. The waiter and bartender service was top notch. The gentlemen at the entrance also behaved kindly towards us. Price wise it was rather expensive for what you get. 

All in all it was a nice evening, but just 'nice'. Sen is pricey and of rather o.k.value. The river view kind of makes up for it, but that is about it (National Stadium is across the water). Interiors are interesting, but I can't eat interiors and more interesting ones can be found in the city (I'm looking at you SLA). In the end it gets 3 of 5 stars for smallish portions but not so small prices. If you just want sushi I can think of some better options (Art Sushi Sushi Kado among them). 




Comments

Popular Posts